Saturday, October 20, 2012

Blade Buddy Review & Giveaway

Blade Buddy icon

I received a Blade Buddy to review for my blog. I was so excited when I found out about the blade buddy because making a razor last means saving money. I also hate when I go to use a razor and find that after almost week of using it, it has gone dull.

When I used the Blade Buddy for the first time I started with a new blade and put a little shaving cream on the Blade Buddy. I have been using the same razor blade for two weeks now, using the Blade Buddy every time before I used the razor, and the razor still seems like new. Normally after a week of using the razor everyday or every other day the blades starts to get dull and I didn't have this problem with using the Blade Buddy.

I wish they would come up with a blade cleaner. That I could clean my blade off with while shaving. I hate when I wait a little while to shave my legs you know past a stubble? Which honestly happens quite often in the winter time, because I don't where shorts and have my legs showing. It makes it so the hair gets caught in the blade and I must have the blade in front of the flow of water coming out of the shower head to try and get the hair cleaned off from the blade. 

It feels like the black part of the Blade Buddy in the picture below is made of hard plastic and the blue part (which just sits on the black part) is made of some rubbery kind of material. 
I rest my razor blade on the blade buddy in the top part of the Blade Buddy, seems like that is why that space is there anyways. It just makes sense because then I don't forget to use it before I shave. I honestly didn't think it was going to work because when using the blade buddy it doesn't seem like it could be doing anything but with the blade still working like new after two weeks, it must be doing what the company says and shows. 
Picture of The black and blue blade buddy

Two tips that the "Blade Buddy Company" has found to be very helpful for first-time users:

1. Always apply light pressure when pushing your razor forward along Blade Buddy's patented silicone surface (in the opposite direction of shaving). NEVER pull the razor towards you (in the direction of shaving).

2. Start with a new (or near-new) razor blade. Blade Buddy will extend the life of your blades from days to months, but will not restore the sharpness of your old, dull blades.

A few frequently ask questions from the Blade Buddy website:

Will the Blade Buddy work with any razor?
     Yes. Blade Buddy will extend the life of all razor blades.

How does the Blade Buddy work?
     Every time you shave, the edge of your razor blade bends. Blade Buddy’s micro-honing grooved surface straightens the edge back into alignment.

How do I use Blade Buddy?
     All it takes is 3 easy steps. Click to watch the video and discover how to keep your razor blades going strong.

Click Here to Buy One
Win it: two lucky readers of my blog will win one blade buddy. To enter for a chance to win follow the instructions from the Rafflecopter below.  Thank you for following my blog!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
“I was not paid for this review and my honest opinions were used. I was given a product, free of cost, by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for review only. Opinions in this review are mine and are in NO WAY influenced by financial compensation.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment