Cloey has been going to pre-school for a month now and loves to go. She will come home talking about her day and who she played with. I love when she tries to pretend with Carter that they are at school. She will sit down and clap her hands once then pat her lap saying "who came to school today" Then she asks what my name is or says Carter came to school today. That is one of her favorite things to say.
Her teachers said that she has really came around to them and is talking much more in school. They also said she eats really well for them which surprises me because she doesn't eat all that well at home.
Cloey asks me almost every night if she has school the next day because she really likes going. I am happy that she loves school because she gets to play with a lot of kids her age as well as do some actives that we don't do because we don't have them. One thing I know that she really likes to play with is the kitchen area they have. So many dishes and fake food. Which is on our Christmas list to get her. Along with a lot of other pretend play things because she seems so into that. Playing Doctor, pretend shopping, act like she is ordering things at McDonald's and more.
Every time we go shopping at Hannaford Cloey wants to push a little shopping cart. The hard thing is there is only one now, not sure why? Wish they would get more because it is fun for kids, I know it makes Cloey feel special because she gets to be like mommy and daddy for a moment. This past time that we went shopping there we were able to have Cloey push the little shopping cart. She was so happy!
Cloey got sick the other day and was sick for not even 24 hours which is good, but it wasn't so good when she was getting sick. It all of a sudden came to her and she was really, really sick. She didn't even move when she was throwing up, which was so scary because I was afraid she was going to choke. I had her sleep in mine and my husbands room because I needed to keep an eye on her. She slept on her princess foam couch and slept all night with out getting sick. I on the other hand didn't sleep well at all because every move Georgia (my dog) made I woke up thinking it was Cloey about to throw up. That next night Cloey was back in her bed again and I feel asleep right after my kids were in bed, I was so tired. Cloey is back to her self again, which makes me so happy. I hate when my kids are sick, I wish I could get sick instead of them because they are so sad and helpless.
Carter chasing after Cloey
He got her and knock her over I thought I got a picture but I guess I didn't. I love watching them play together! It is music to my hears hearing their little feet on the floor and their laughter. Good sign they are having fun and enjoying life.
Coloring together. They each had their own paper to color and did really well at only coloring on their own.
A cuddle moment! Happens a lot in my household. I am very loving and caring which comes out in lots of cuddles for my kids! Which makes them really want to cuddle.
Carter has had a few tough days of teething a couple of days ago. I went through 10 shirts with him in one day because of all the drool, and two not such great nights of sleep. I would have used bibs but he would just rip them off and the button ones he would freak out if he couldn't take them off. Carter now is back to his normal self. Although is starting to be more cuddly and attached to mommy again. I love the cuddles!
I am still working with him to get him to say what he wants instead of winning and pointing. He now says "eat" when he is hungry and wants to eat. He says so many names but not cup or drink so I can tell he wants a drink and not help so I know he wants help with something I have to play the guessing game some times but I can normally tell what he wants. I just want him to learn to say what he wants and not wine! I heard it is very common for second kids to not talk as fast as the first because of the first kid helping get what the second kid wants. Cloey is really good at helping get Carter what he wants by him just pointing and wining. Nice as a big sister but harder to get him to try and say what he wants. I also catch my self giving him what he wants with out trying to get him to say it. Not good but that is why I am working on it. I know it is going to take him longer to talk if I don't try to get him to says what he wants with words by given him the name of what he wants.
Carter likes to try and put on his shoes when he wants to go outside, he has even started to go get mine and give them to me or even his dad's. LOL!
We recently got him a little tool set that came with a hammer, screw driver, plummer's wrench and pliers. He loves it. Cloey picked out a tea set when we were at Big Lots and ask so nicely if she could get it so we said yes and found Carter something for the same price. We usually don't do this because it isn't a good habit. I know my aunt and uncle use to let my cousins have a toy every time that they would go into the store which makes it hard when they didn't have the money to get them something. So I always told myself I wasn't going to be like that, but I do think it is okay to sometimes let them get something at the store as long as we can afford it or if it isn't too much. I know it really made their day and mine too when we got home and they got to playing with them. Carter throws a fit when I take his hammer away to put him to bed. We are thinking about buying him a tool work bench and extra tools. Also a basket ball hoop because he loves to play games with balls.


No comments:
Post a Comment