Monday, October 22, 2012

Making Pretend Play more fun!



This past Friday my niece Haley was over. She wanted me to play restaurant with her and Cloey. We wrote down on a piece of little paper a menu really quickly so we could start playing. This gave me an idea to make  menus for Cloey and Carter so when they play restaurant would be more fun. Terry and I came up with what we would call it and then came up with a menu. You can tell the prices aren't even close to being what they would be at a normal restaurant, but it is just pretend. I added prices to make it more fun for my nieces when they come over because they understand money. I also made it so the prices didn't need change because I don't let my kids play with coins, Carter still puts things in his mouth. Cloey has a little toy cash register so I made her play money too. (You can see images down below of the menu and the play money)


Cloey loves when I make her play money usually I just cut paper, write on it and put princess stickers. I already had the printer on so I could print her menus so I decided to make her play money with her and Carter's picture on them. This was very exciting for her. 

I love doing things for my kids to make playing more fun. I know when I was younger I would have loved to have this done for me. One of my favorite things to do when I was younger, was to play shopping and play restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment