I know it never lasts long in my house when I make it and not just because of Terry, my kids and I but because of family and friends that come over after I have made it and they want some too.
What you will need:
- 6 cups of Cheerios
- 1 cup of Karo Syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 cup of Cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 of M&Ms (optional)
- 13x9 inch pan (I use a glass one)
- I mix everything with a rubber spatula
Put a big pot on the stove add the Karo syrup turn your stove on medium high then add the cup of sugar. After it looks like all the sugar has dissolved add the cup of peanut butter, let that turn nice and soft.
After the peanut butter has soften and is mixed well with the Karo syrup, turn the stove off and immediately add the 6 cups of Cheerios and the cup of cranberries, mix well.
After you have mix it well dump it into a greased 13x9 inch pan and flatten. Then quickly add the M&Ms to the top and "Lightly" press on them with your rubber spatula, all you are trying to do is get them to stick to the top not trying to crush them.
I then put the pan into the fridge for five to ten minutes, to try and get them to harden fast. Take them out of the fridge and keep it stored at room temperature. I leave them in the pan and cut a square as people want it, YUMMY!
No comments:
Post a Comment