Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter/Scavenger Hunt

The Day Before Easter

Went to a school egg hunt, not really worth it for the eggs, but was nice to be with my step sister and my nieces and nephew. Cloey got to color a bunny, glue it to an envelope and then fill it with candy. She was only allowed to find six Easter eggs. We found out about three other Easter egg hunts that happened that day around the same time that were better but it is okay and we will look into them for next year. 


After the Easter egg hunt at the school we went back to my step sister's house so I could look around for things to write clues to so we could have a scavenger hunt on Easter. While we were there Carter took his first step (tears of joy from mommy) to me. Terry was sitting on the floor and Carter was standing up holding on to him with one hand then let go of Terry and walked to mommy. He took one good step and his second step was him falling into me, so I count it as one. Carter walks all the time with his Winnie the Pooh walking toy.


We were suppose to go to another egg hunt at three the same day but Cloey and Carter were just so tired they fell asleep right after we got in the vehicle. We then decided to let the kids sleep in their carseat because when you wake Cloey after she has fallen asleep she won't  go back to sleep. We decided to go to Wal-Mart and get some last minute Easter shopping done. We got Cloey a bike and Carter a tunnel with a tent. It is so hard make things equal because Carter isn't big enough for a bike and because we had our kids so close together we keep the big things that we had from Cloey. 


Continue reading to hear about Easter and some of the clues we used for the scavenger hunt.


Easter Day

What a busy day we had. In the morning Terry and I gave our kids their Easter gifts and then we had Terry's mother, father, sister and brother over for breakfast. While they were here at our house Terry's mother, (A.K.A Mucka, to Cloey) hid Easter eggs for Cloey to find around the inside of our home. After they left we had to get things ready got to the store for last minute things my step sister had forgotten and then go to her house. When I first got there I had to go around and hide all the clues except one because you need to have a starter clue. We had four groups with adults and kids it was so much fun. My group won but that didn't matter it was just a blast having the family all together and seeing everyone involved and having a good time. My family normally doesn't do much together, other then eat together on the holidays and on Christmas swap gifts. That about subs up what our family does all together, so having this scavenger hunt was really nice seeing everyone running around working together was a real bonding experience. Now I want to plan family games, like baseball or kickball. 


Here are are just of the few of what some of the clues were: 

  1. I get a visit almost everyday, you just take and then go away. What do I have to do, to be used for more then just a clue.
  2. I am the first place that you need to look, I can bubble like a brook. Turn me on and I will flow, do you know yet where you need to go?
  3. Come and give me a kiss, I have a clue you don’t want to miss. I may be a little broken, I wish you could hear me Croaking?  
  4. A shiny new coat, Made me so pretty, But doesn’t keep me warm.
  5. I use to be in but now I am out, use to glow at times, but now I am something to forget about.
Scroll down to see the answers to the clues.

Pictures from Easter:

Tunnel to tentCarter climbing through tunnel

Cloey on new bikeCloey holding easter basket

Cloey picking up eggs




Answers to the clues:
  1. For a Mail box
  2. For a hose spigot  
  3. For a broken Frog lawn ornament
  4. Used for a painted rock (could be used for anything newly painted)
  5. Old Christmas Tree:

No comments:

Post a Comment