Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby Safe Feeder Review/Giveaway


LOGO



The Baby Safe Feeder was invented, patented and marketed by a dad who almost lost his baby due to choking on a teething cookie. It is recommended for babies, age 5 months and older. The Baby Safe Feeder is not made of any of the following: latex, phthalates, BPA, or PVC.

I was sent a Baby Safe Feeder starter kit for a review. My first opinion of it when I got it and it was still in the package was it looked cheap. I was totally wrong and very surprised when I opened the package and grabbed the handle. I am surprised at how hard and strong the plastic was. I tried bending the handle to the Baby Safe Feeder and check it all out to make sure that it was going to be safe for my Little Man.

Starter kit
Carter as of today’s date has seven teeth, two of which are just poked through.  I don’t want him to take a bit out of it and then not be able to chew it properly because he doesn’t have molars. He loves eating solid foods and loves to bite. The great thing about the Baby Safe Feeder is my son has to chew in order to get anything there for is teaches him that he needs to chew his food.  

 I tried him with apples for his first time with the Baby Safe Feeder and he didn’t seem to know what to do at first but then figured it out. After he had chewed on it a few times, he loved it. I even had to add more apples.

We have since tried many other things with the Baby Safe Feeder and he loves it. Some fruits are messier then others, but this isn’t even an issue because of the benefit from him having fresh fruit and veggies! I have even put ice in it, for teething. I keep thinking of different things I can put in it, like pieces of a popsicle. I won’t do any kind of berry because I don’t know if the small seeds might get through.

Over all, in case you couldn’t tell I am very happy with the Baby Safe Feeder and recommend it to any mother that wants their baby to be able to enjoy fresh fruits and veggies without having to worry about their little one choking.

Information from their website:
Q. What is the BABY SAFE FEEDER™ made of and where is it made?
   A. The plastic pieces are polypropylene and the mesh bag is polyester. We use NO BPA, PVC (not even in our packaging), Latex or Phthalates. It is fully assembled and made in the USA using all FDA approved materials. The BABY SAFE FEEDER™ is the original feeder, the only patented feeder, has been on the market for fifteen years, has been fully lab-tested, has met or surpassed all testing requirements and is CPSIA compliant.


   A. When your baby is finished, take it away. Remove the mesh bag, turn inside out and rinse off food particles. Some foods such as bananas are more difficult to clean out of the feeder than others (try a white vinegar soak or baking soda). Wash it in hot soapy water or put it in the dishwasher on the top rack (utensil basket) so it is ready for the next use. Be sure to purchase extra replacement bags, so if you are unable to clean the bag properly your baby will always have a clean safe bag to use.
I turn the Baby Safe Feeder inside out and use my kitchen faucet hose to spray it clean of food then dip it a few times in soapy water and rinse.






“I was not paid for this review and my honest opinions were used. I was given a product, free of cost, by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for review only. Opinions in this review are mine and are in NO WAY influenced by financial compensation.” 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment