Friday, July 13, 2012

Our Kid's Bedtime Routine

Usually an hour or so before bed we get them ready for bed. We do baths every other night depending on how dirty they are. Bath night we just give them a bath and hour or so before bed and then get them dressed for bed.
About 15 to 30 minutes before bed we give Cloey a heads up that it is going to be time for bed soon.
We it is time for bed, we take both of our kids to the bathroom and brush their teeth, we then continue into Cloey's room where we read a couple of stories. Depending on how tired and how short the stories are we will decided how many we read, we usually read a couple. Then Terry takes Carter out of Cloey's room and puts him to bed. I ask Cloey if she wants to put away the book(s) we just read or should mommy do it and she usually wants to do it herself. I turn her night light on and ask her if she wants to turn off her bedroom light. While Cloey turns her bedroom light off I turn her fan on high. She climbs in bed and I go to cover her up and she says she has to pee, she does this every night even if she has just gone before we read stories it has become her routine. I have her go pee then I ask if she wants me to carry her to bed or if she wants to walk like a big girl, she usually wants mommy to do it so I put her in bed cover her up, I make sure she has a sippy cup with water in it (in case she gets thirsty) next to her pillow, then I say "good night, sweet dreams" and walk out of her room.

Terry walks in Carters with only the light from the living room so it isn't too bright. Turns on the baby monitor, turns the fan on high, turns on Carter's music box, places Carter in bed giving him a pacifier in his hand or mouth, places a sippy cup of water in the corner of his bed (in case he gets thirsty), then walks out of his room.

Then both the kids are sleeping for the night, on most nights. Sometimes if Carter doesn't get two cups of milk before bed he wakes up and wants milk around 1am but this is rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment