Monday, March 19, 2012

Just STOP Thinking & Fall Asleep Already!


While lying in bed at night I do a lot of my best thinking. I know it's not the greatest time to think because is prevents me from falling asleep and who knows how many times the kids will wake up that night, but I just can't help it.
So lying there in bed with my eyes closed trying to fall asleep, listening to nothing but the sound of the fan echoing up the hallway from both kids' rooms, the thinking and worrying starts. I start worrying if I have paid all the bills on my weekly schedule of bills to be paid. Wondering if I washed Terry's favorite pair of chef pants because he has a double tomorrow.  Thinking of a list of things to be done tomorrow. Reflecting on the different things that happened that day. Worried if I might have missed a appointment even though I write everything down and there really isn't any reason I should, but then there is always that what if? Some nights I really feel like the list is endless and I wonder if I will be able to fall asleep, and when I do will Carter wake up right after?

I wonder some times if I would just keep a pen and piece of paper by the bed, would that be the answer to me following asleep faster because what ever idea I have come up with or important thought I could just jot it down real quick and hopefully be done with it, or would I find myself making a list? I have been meaning to try this out. Then there is always thinking and worrying about family or friends that keep me awake no pen or piece of paper is going to help with that.

The way I avoid all the thinking, wondering and worrying is I staying up until I can barely keep me eyes open. Then I know I will be able to fall right asleep for sure. The downfall to this is, Carter wakes usually 10 minutes after I have fallen to sleep. There really is no winning, I swear some times!

No comments:

Post a Comment