Friday, February 8, 2013

Xbox 360 Kinect / Playstation3 Eye Move Camera

Terry got a Kinect for our Xbox 360 last year for his birthday. Since then, I have download demo games which can only be played with the Kinect. We have our Xbox connected to the internet to get updates and be able to download free demo games. This way we can play the game a little before we decide we want to buy it. There have been a few demo games I have downloaded I was glad we didn't purchase them, they just weren't what I was expecting them to be. 

When playing a game with the Kinect you are the controller. I like it because you can't just sit down and play you have to move your body. I have downloaded a few dance games (examples: Just Dance 3 & 4 also Dance Central 2 & 3) and workout games. I have also tried a few kid games hoping they would be age appropriate for Cloey (my daughter). 
One game I have found that Cloey likes to play is, Sesame Street:Once Upon a Monster. I played it with her the first time and Carter tried copying us too. Elmo says to do different things for instance; wave your arms and stomp your feet. It is a fun way for Cloey to get out some of her energy. She only plays it for about ten minutes and then wants to do something else. Cloey also enjoys playing the dancing games with me.  
 
My stepsister has a Playstation 3 and they recently bought a eye move camera for it. When they bought the eye move they also purchased Just Dance 4. When went up to my stepsister's house for a super bowl party and before it started we all played Just Dance 4. There was about nine of us all taking turns playing. They only bought two controllers, which you need a controller in order to play any game that requires the eye move camera and they have to be plugged in to charge. 
It was still fun even though only two of us could play at once. I found that you can cheat by just standing in one spot and waving the eye move controller instead of my whole body for the dance moves. This made it so I received more points then my opponent, but I didn't get the best benefits because I wasn't getting any exerciser. 
With the Kinect, which only works for Xbox 360, you don't need anything in your hand in order to play. Which mean you don't have to buy any controllers and worry about playing a ton to have everyone play. I also don't have to worry about the people dropping the controller and breaking them, while playing.
 After a Kinect game is loaded, you will be prompt to raise your hand or wave your arms if you want to play. When playing Just Dance 3 or 4, it shows and outline of you in a little box on the top of the TV screen, so you know where to stand to get points for preforming dance moves. If you don't move your whole body like the character on the TV you don't as many points. One thing I always seem to forget when I first start playing once of the dancing games is you want to mirror what your character is showing you on the screen. 

There are other pros and cons of owning a Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3. One big one is my stepsister can go online and watch You Tube videos or just search the internet with her Playstation 3 and it doesn't cost her anything extra. With the Kinect you have to purchase packages to be able to get online. It is free to go to look at games and free to download demo games but I can't do any more then that because I only have the free Xbox Live account. 

~I wanted to share my experiences with the Playstation,  Xbox 360, Kinect for Xbox 360, and the eye move camera for Playstation 3. No one asked me to write anything. I was in no way compensated for this post. Thanks for following my blog. ~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment