Sunday, December 16, 2012

Getting closer to Christmas

Christmas time is suppose to be full of fun, love and spreading joy. Instead it brings a lot of stress.

I love the feeling of Christmas. You know the feeling that makes you want to start decorating for Christmas and playing Christmas music. Also watching a lot of different Christmas movies, all the channels air, during this time of year. I get this same Christmas feeling when we get a good snow storm, that is when it happens before Christmas. After Christmas I am ready for it to go. Well other then on the mountain because my husband works there and he needs it to snow to get skiers. I don't ski, just not for me. Tried it many, many years ago and the skis would just not stay going in the direction I needed them to go. Not a good experience. 

The most stressful part, for me, about Christmas is trying to get everyone a gift they will love, without having to spend all our money to do so. Next year I am thinking I will try and make people gifts. That way the gifts that I give will be make with love and you can tell I put a lot of thought into it. 

Christmas time is suppose to be about being with family and the ones that you love. Not just about the gifts. If someone gets me a gift and it isn't something I like; I say thank you and act like I like it anyways, because it makes them happy, and it was nice for them to think of me!

Today I decided it was time to put up some Christmas lights outside. I wasn't even going to bother because Christmas being so close, but I figured my kids would really like it and it might make it start to feel more like Christmas. 

 A couple of weeks ago I got together, with my step sister and mother, at my parents house, to make centerpieces. I went to the dollar tree and bought little glass bowls, glue glitter, fake flowers, fake tree garland and little gift box ornaments. Used a glue gun to glue everything to the bottom of the bowl. My step sister and mom had other things as well. Then we all got to crafting. It was a fun project, it did take a while because we didn't have any idea what we wanted them to look like. Ideas came to us as we were decorating the glass bowls. The centerpieces all came out very nice, and not one of ours looked like the other ones. We use LED tea candles, my mom bought a package deal of them at Big Lots. I didn't want to use a real candle and worry about the flame. Next year I want to start making them at the being of December and give them out. Here are pictures of the different things I used:
Source This is the glass bowl we all started with. No directions on what to do, we just came up with different ideas.
SourceI cut the flowers so they weren't in a bunch.
Source Used the glue glitter to on the flower petals to help them stand out.
I also put it around the top of the rim of the glass bowl. Made sure not to touch it until it dried.

The one I made


I want to get together and make homemade ornaments with my family as well. Getting all the kids involved with this project! Then have everyone go sliding all together! Hopefully we get enough snow soon & BEFORE Christmas!!! 

Wishing your family a Very Merry Christmas 
&
A Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment