Saturday, October 6, 2012

Our Family is getting bigger



No not Pregnant! Two is just right for us. We got our girl and our boy! Sorry if I scared anyone!
We have just been adding to our family with pets. 

We have got another fish tank about a month and a half ago. We liked Cloey's so much that we wanted one for the living room. I think a ten gallon one was a little too small for our living room so we went with a 29 gallon one. Cloey has five small comet goldfish in her tank, three gold color and two black. We have a total of eight fish in our tank.

Our 29 gallon fish tank
I really love having fish, they pretty to watch. I still want to decorate it a little different though, with different rocks and other things. We haven't been having the greatest luck keeping them alive for some reason. We have had four die on us in the living room tank and ten die in Cloey's tank. Don't know what is going on there or if that is just typical for fish owners.


Mid-night our bunny
We decided to get a bunny. Cloey and Carter really like their Aunt's rabbit so Terry and I had a long talk about weather or not we should get one. Looking on Craigslist in the pets and seeing FREE Bunnies and their cute picture made us want to get our kids one even more, well and we really wanted one too! I wanted to find one that wouldn't get as big as normal rabbits, so we got a Dwarf Bunny. 
Midnight our Bunny!
Terry named her Midnight. She is really sweet and Cloey has held her a couple of times and she hasn't bitten or scratch her. In the picture she is under Cloey's bed. I let her out of her cage when Georgia is outside because I don't want to take the chance of anything happening to Midnight. Georgia is a little too hyper around Midnight. I am sure she will come down after she gets use to her. I have to watch Carter really well when Midnight is out of her cage because he gets a little too excited and doesn't realize he needs to be gentle. He is still little so we are teaching him but I don't want to take the chance of him hurting her. 

My mother says that if we get anymore animals we are going to have to buy a big stretch of land and get a barn. I would never own a farm because I am not that kind of animal lover. I also know that my husband would want to turn the animals into food and I just could never have my pet become food!

When I was a kid my parents didn't let me get any animals of my own. We had two cats for a while and then they passed away sadly. Now my parents won't get any more animals. We how ever lived in a couple different apartments that didn't allow us to have any pets and now that we have our own place we can decide what we want for pets. 

Cloey and Georgia

We have tried a puppy before and it didn't work out because of her chewing our kids toys and other things along with going to the bathroom in the house. We tried it out for two and a half months and then decided a puppy isn't right for us.
We have also tried a kitten when Cloey was a baby but that didn't work out either because the kitten was too hyper, would claw at furniture and climb up the curtains and climb in Cloey's bed. So a kitten didn't work either. I know when we got Georgia people thought to each other and had even asked me if I thought that was such a great idea to get her because it didn't work out with our first pup. They also wondered and maybe they still do how long we would keep her for. Well we are keeping her forever. Yes it  didn't work out with a puppy but puppies and older dogs are VERY different. Puppies are much more work potty training is one of the biggest reasons. We love Georgia and she is part of our family! She has her hyper moments and her being in the wrong place at the wrong time and tripping me up. Overall she is a great, fun loving dog and I love watching her and Cloey play. 

For people that are new to my blog you can click here to read my last pet post.
Cloey holding Buster the Hamster and Carter watching

No comments:

Post a Comment