Thursday, May 24, 2012

Family fun at Jay Peak Waterpark

LOGO

This past Sunday Terry's mother paid for us and our kids to go to Jay Peak Pump House, indoor waterpark, she had tickets to buy one get one ticket free. Terry's brother and sister, also went with us.

Waterpark picIt was a ton of fun. The have a really nice kiddie pool/playground. Cloey didn't care for it at first but after we had gone on the river that goes around the waterpark (shown in Picture) she wanted to play in the water in the kiddie pool. Carter stayed with Mary (Terry's mother) while Terry and I took Cloey around the waterpark on the river.
When we got back from going around the waterpark Carter was siting splashing having a blast in the water in the kid area.
I really wish that they would have also had a regular pool that starts out shallow and gets deeper that we could have all gone in as a family. I am not one for the water slides they have because they are all enclosed.
I also think that Jay Peak could have better directions of where to go to find the waterpark.
They don't allow outside food or drinks in the waterpark. I am sure it is because they sell food and drinks there.  They have their own towels so you don't need to bring your own. There is music playing that you can hear through out the whole park, it is loudest at the bar area. Everything is very open other then of course the locker/bathrooms. The roof was clear and let the natural sun light in which was so nice, I also hear the roof is retractable but wasn't open the day we were there. The water is warm in all the pools but is a little bit cooler in the kiddie pool area, I am sure it is because there isn't very much water in the kiddie pool.
I don't feel like the park is really for little ones like mine because you can't do much. Carter is only allowed in the kiddie pool area and Cloey is only allowed in the kiddie pool and the Lazy River with us and a life jacket on.
Terry went on every water slide, he said his favorite and the most scariest one was the one called the elevator. He got a scratch on his back from the elevator.
Other cool things they have that we didn't get to try out was; a surfing pool, basketball pool, rock climbing pool and hot tubs.
Cloey and Carter had a blast after they got use to the water. Cloey didn't really want to leave but I thought we had spent enough time there and it was getting close to dinner time. When we were in the car heading back to Terry's parents house we asked Cloey if she wanted to go to the waterpark again sometime and she said "Yes!". I asked her when and she said "Right now, I want to go back to the waterpark now." Glad that she liked just wish she was a little bigger to go in the other pools because she really wanted to play in the basketball pool.
We went back to Terry's parents house and had dinner then Terry help his father fix the riding lawn mower. Then he started to mow the lawn. After he had gone around the lawn a few times it was time to go so his father took over. Oh my goodness it was so funny to watch his dad on the lawn mower. He took right off, it was like he was on a race track. So funny! We decided to stay a little longer because Terry's mother and sister really wanted to have a drink with me. Terry took back over mowing and gave Carter a ride. The expression on Carter's face was so adorable you could tell he was having a blast. He tried to take over driving, by trying to grab the steering wheel. Terry is a much slower mower then his dad, which surprised the crap out of me.  The best time we have had at his parent's house, since Carter has  been born.  Sunday was such a nice family fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment