Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cloey Starting Preschool

With the town we live in you don't automatically get to have your kids attend preschool, back in May we went to the school for a screening and we signed her up saying we were interested for her to go to school. Then in the middle of July we got home and had a message on our answering machine from a teacher saying she would like to invite Cloey to be in her class two days a week from 8am-11:30am. I called her back the next day and said we would really like for Cloey to be in her class and I asked what I needed to do for that to happen. Cloey's teacher told me she would be contacting me in August to have me fill out paperwork and for Cloey to visit her class again before school started. We were so happy when we got the phone call because we know it is good for Cloey to play with other kids her age and for her not to be with me every second of everyday.

We went to Cloey's school last week for open house where she got to meet her teacher and other classmates. Cloey took about ten minutes to really feel comfortable enough walk around the room and play with toys but once she did, she didn't want to leave. We asked her if she wanted to go show Nana and Carter her picture she had drawn we also told her she was going to school again next week, then she decided she was ready to go.
It is so funny how kids can seem like they are the best of friends and known each other for the longest time when they have just met. If only adults acting like this what kind of world would we be living in?

Cloey has her first day of preschool tomorrow and she can't wait! I am so happy for her! I know she will have a blast and learn all kinds of things. The teachers there are strong believers in learning through play and so am I, because when you make learning fun then kids will want to do it when it becomes work they have to want to make good grades and learn. More to come about Cloey going to preschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment